These pancakes are perfection: the perfect balance of fluffy and dense, sweet, spicy, and packed with flavor.
Growing up, my mom always made my brother and I the classic chocolate chip pancakes. When I say classic, I mean from a box. At that time, that was a classic for me. But it was everyday before school we had pancakes. And man, was that sugar rush strong! That being said, after a few years we got tired of those pancakes. But as I got older, I also learned classic doesn’t mean from a box and my taste-buds developed and I learned how to make pancakes from scratch (go me!).
But now, its fall time! Whoa, where did the year go? The fall does not just mean warm drinks, pumpkin spice lattes and bundling up in warm sweaters. But it also calls for sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes are one of my absolute favorite foods. They are packed full of so many vitamins and nutrients, so much flavor and they’re all-around amazing!
SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
- 2 spotted bananas
- 1 skinned sweet potato (cooked)
- 1/2 cup favorite flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 3 dashes of pumpkin spice powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Peel the skin of sweet potato and boil to cook. Once sweet potato is cooked, set a side to let cool or place into fridge. Put all ingredients into your food-processor or high-speed blender. Blend until full combined and smooth.
- Heat frying pan, pour batter, flip and remove from heat.
- To finish, top off your pancakes with your favorite maple syrup and powdered sugar.
Give this recipe a try, let me know what you thought. And if you tried it out, please tag a picture #hannahthevegan on social media so we can check it out!
If you have a question, please leave your message on the Lets Connect page.